Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Challenges


Memorial Day we went for a ride through the Decorah Trails. Temperature was great. Sun Shining. Perfect day to get out. This is my son Trevor. Tearing up the trails. Here is an excerpt from an article he wrote called 'Challenges'

Biking has become one of the most cherished ventures in my life. Although I have a risk of acquiring injuries, those risks don’t stop me from riding at all. Every challenge I undertake gives my life a meaning and a purpose. Martin Luther King Jr. expressed, “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” I will never quit pushing myself to try new experiences or to get better at current hobbies. I won’t ever stop. In fact, my dad and I are planning to ride across the US. When that happens, I’ll have reached another one of my goals. Trevor

No comments: