Saturday, July 4, 2009

Every night I say a prayer...

Richard Baxter said: “This life was not intended to be the place of our perfection, but the preparation for it.”

No matter where we have come from or what we have been through we are all moving like a shooting star through the night sky. Destined to reach it's target and to return to hand that has set us ablaze. This week I have finally come to an end of a road that I hope will lead to a place of some summer rest. With great things on the horizon and many pieces in place for the future I am ready for a rest. Feeling like the lyrics to a Kerry Livgren song I'll follow you, when he says:

"Searching horizons of hope
For some long lost dream
In one sweet moment I'm
Plunged into Your healing stream

I'll follow You, 'cause You give me the desire
I'll follow You, leaving the world behind
I'll follow You, though You take me through the fire
I know I can never be the same

The seasons of life come and go. We continue to step forward and we continue to believe. All that happens to us is not for naught, but rather an important part of the preparation for perfection. Painful, exhilarating,exasperating even bewildering at times. Perseverance builds character. We will become new!

"Always another word to be said
Always another symphony in my heart
Never repeating, ever so new
Whatever the music, still I will cling to You
One so true"

I can feel the meaning now in every breath I take
Through the laughter and the tears, in every choice I make
Not a moment passes by that I don't realize
We never live, until we harmonize,


No comments: